Sunday, February 22, 2009

Waa! You Don't Hate Me Anymore!

I attended the Islington FurMeet last night. It was fun, I met lots of people and took lots of pictures which I'll post later. One of the fursuiters I took lots of pictures of was Zets_Coony. Now I don't know much about yiddish, but "zets" has the right construction to be at least germanic, so just out of curiosity I googled him.

And that's how I found the Encyclopaedia Dramatica; a sort of WikiFur for trolls. They said -- among other things -- that Zets is homosexual, has poor spelling, comes from Ottawa and caused some sensation by taking a scaley as his boyfriend... the usual sorts of things that trolls find so mortally offensive that the mooks go looking for it. DUH!

(Incidentally, all I found about the word zets is that it's a surname from somewhere or other, some of whom have a restaurant near Pearson Intl, and either a network architecture or a fraternity of coders, don't really care which.)

I admit that, at this point, I became curious. So I tried to look myself up. Nothing! Not even a footnote, no matter how I spelled myself! Why don't the haters hate me? Am I not furry enough? Am I too straight? Are my spelling and grammar too good? I've written Furry pron, I've even posted it! I have no more chance of holding down a job than anybody else in this boot-faced economy! So why aren't they calling me names? Where are the G**D***ed barbarians!!!

Not that I particularly want to be called names by trolls, you understand. But somehow it's almost a worse insult to be ignored. Then again, what do you expect from trolls...

No comments:

Post a Comment